Perbandingan Algoritma C4.5 dan CART dalam Memprediksi Kategori Indeks Prestasi Mahasiswa
Accuracy Comparison of C4.5 and CART Algorithms in Predicting Student Achievement Index Category
This research compared the accuracy of prediction of Grade Point Average (GPA) of the first semester students using C4.5 and CART algorithms in Faculty of Information Technology (FTI), Universitas Kristen Duta Wacana (UKDW). This research also explored various parameters such as numeric attribute categorization, data balance, GPA categories number, and different attributes availability due to the difference of data availability between Achievement Admission (AA) and Regular Admission (RA). The training data used to create decision tree were FTI students, 2008-2015 batch, while the testing data were FTI students, 2016 batch. The accuracy of prediction was measured by using crosstab table. In AA, the accuracy of both algorithms can be achieved about 86.86%. Meanwhile, in RA the accuracy of C4.5 is about 61.54% and CART is about 63.16%. From these accuracy result, both algorithms are better to predict AA rather than RA.
How to cite:
- R. G. Santosa and A. R. Chrismanto, "Logistic Regression Model for Predicting First Semester Students Gpa Category Based on High School Academic Achievement," Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce, vol. VIII, no. 2(1), pp. 58–66, April 2017.
- D. Indriana, A. I. Widowati, and S. Surjawati,"Faktor-Faktor yang Mempengaruhi Prestasi Akademik: Studi Kasus pada Mahasiswa Program Studi Akuntansi Universitas Semarang," Jurnal Dinamika Sosial Budaya, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 39-48, Juni 2016.
- D. Untari, "Data Mining Untuk Menganalisa Prediksi Mahasiswa Berpotensi Non-Aktif Menggunakan Metode Decision Tree C4.5," Skripsi, Universitas Dian Nuswantoro, Semarang, 2014 [Online]. Available: http://eprints.dinus.ac.id/ 13181/
- D. H. Kamagi and S. Hansun, "Implementasi Data Mining dengan Algoritma C4.5 untuk Memprediksi Tingkat Kelulusan Mahasiswa," Ultimatics, vol. VI, no. 1, pp. 15–20, Juni 2014.
- R. G. Santosa and A. R. Chrismanto, "Perbandingan Akurasi Model Regresi Logistik Untuk Prediksi Kategori IP Mahasiswa Jalur Prestasi dengan Non Jalur Prestasi," Jurnal Teknik dan Ilmu Komputer, vol. 7, no. 25, pp. 107–121, Januari 2018.
- V. H. A. Sari, R. G. Santosa, and A. Rachmat, "Perbandingan Algoritma K-Nearest Neighbor dan Naïve Bayes Classifier dalam Memprediksi Kategori Indeks Prestasi Mahasiswa," Laporan tidak dipublikasi, 2017.
- T. Aprilia, N. Gusriani, and K. Parmikanti, "Klasifikasi Ketepatan Masa Studi Mahasiswa FMIPA Unpad Angkatan 2001-2006 dengna Menggunakan Metode Classification and Regression Trees (CART)," Jurnal Matematika Integratif, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 7-14, April 2015
- I. Rahmayuni, "Perbandingan Performansi Algoritma C4.5 dan CART Dalam Klasifikasi Data Nilai Mahasiswa Prodi Teknik Komputer Politeknik Negeri Padang," Jurnal TEKNOIF, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 40–46, April 2014.
- T. M. Lakshmi, A. Martin, R. M. Begum, and V. P. Venkatesan, "An Analysis on Performance of Decision Tree Algorithms using Student’s Qualitative Data," International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 18–27, 2013.
- C. Brooks, Entreprise NoSQL For Dummies. John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2014.
- S. Gavankar and S. Sawarkar, "Decision Tree: Review of Techniques for Missing Values at Training, Testing and Compatibility," in Proc. of 3rd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Modelling and Simulation (AIMS 2015), Malaysia, Dec. 2-4, 2015, pp. 122–126.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to JTSiskom journal and Department of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro as publisher of the journal. Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms, and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations.
JTSiskom journal and Department of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro and the Editors make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in JTSiskom journal are the sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.
The Copyright Transfer Form can be downloaded here: [Copyright Transfer Form JTSiskom]. The copyright form should be signed originally and send to the Editorial Office in the form of original mail, scanned document or fax :
Eko Didik Widianto (Editor-in-Chief)
Editorial Office of Jurnal Teknologi dan Sistem Komputer
Department of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro
Jl. Prof. Soedarto, Kampus Undip Tembalang, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia 50275