Model Multi Layer Perceptron untuk Indoor Positioning System Berbasis Wi-Fi
Multi Layer Perceptron Model for Indoor Positioning System Based on Wi-Fi
Indoor positioning system issue is an open problem that still needs some improvements. This research explores the utilization of multilayer perceptron in determining someone’s position inside a building or a room, which generally known as Indoor Positioning System. The research was conducted in some steps: dataset normalization, multilayer perceptron implementation, training process of multilayer perceptron, evaluation, and analysis. The training process has been conducted many times to find the best parameters that produce the best accuracy rate. The experiment produces 79,16% as the highest accuracy rate. Compared to previous research, this result is comparably lower and needs some parameters tweaking or changing the neural networks architectures.
How to cite:
- A. Ozer and E. John, "Improving the Accuracy of Bluetooth Low Energy Indoor Positioning System Using Kalman Filtering," in 2016 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI), 2016.
- W. An, Z. Shen and J. Wang, "Compact Low-Profile Dual-Band Tag Antenna for Indoor Positioning Systems," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 16, pp. 400-403, 2017.
- U. Miksaj and D. Bonefacic, "Propagation characteristics of UHF radiofrequency identification system signal for application in indoor positioning," in 2016 22nd International Conference on Applied Electromagnetics and Communications (ICECOM), 2016.
- Y. See, N. Noor and Calvin Tan Y.M, "Investigation of Indoor Positioning System using Visible Light Communication," in 2016 IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON), 2016.
- L. Chen, Chi-Ren Chen and Da-En Chen, "VIPS: A video-based indoor positioning system with centimeter-grade accuracy for the IoT," in 2017 IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PerCom Workshops), 2017.
- A. Ismail, H. Kitagawa, R. Tasaki and K. Terashima, "WiFi RSS fingerprint database construction for mobile robot indoor positioning system," in 2016 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), 2016.
- C. Ko and S. Wu, "A Proactive Indoor Positioning System in Randomly Deployed Dense WiFi Networks," in 2016 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 2016.
- L. Mainetti, L. Patrono and I. Sergi, “A Survey On Indoor Positioning System,” in 2014 22nd International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM), 2014.
- X. Chen and Z. Gao, “Indoor Ultrasonic Positioning System of Mobile Robot Based On TDOA Ranging and Improved Trilateral Algorithm,” in 2017 2nd International Conference on Image, Vision and Computing (ICIVC), 2017.
- Y. Lukito, and A. R. Chrismanto, “Perbandingan Metode-Metode Klasifikasi Untuk Indoor Positioning System,” Jurnal Teknologi Informasi dan Sistem Informasi, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 123-131, 2015.
- M. Abadi et al., “TensorFlow: A System for Large Scale Machine,” in 12th USENIX Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation (OSDI 16), 2016.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to JTSiskom journal and Department of Computer Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from JTSiskom journal and Department of Computer Engineering Diponegoro University. However,
The author has the right to the following:
- duplicate all or part of the published material for use by the author himself as a classroom instruction or verbal presentation material in various forums;
- reusing part or all of the material as a compilation material for author's work;
- make copies of published material to be distributed within the institute where the author works.
JTSiskom journal and Department of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro and the Editors make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in JTSiskom journal are the sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.
The Copyright Transfer Form can be downloaded here: [Copyright Transfer Form JTSiskom]. The copyright form should be signed originally and send to the Editorial Office in the form of original mail, scanned document or fax :
Eko Didik Widianto (Editor-in-Chief)
Editorial Office of Jurnal Teknologi dan Sistem Komputer
Departement of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro
Jl. Prof. Soedarto, Kampus Undip Tembalang, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia 50275