Prediction of Call Drops in GSM Network using Artificial Neural Network
Note: This article has supplementary file(s).
- A. S. Adegoke and I. T. Babalola, “Quality of Service Analysis of GSM Telephone System in Nigeria,” American Journal of Scientific Industrial Research, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 707-712, 2011.
- J. O. Ajiboye, A. Tella, E. O. Adu, and J.I. Wojuola, “Stakeholders' Perceptions of the Impact of GSM on Nigeria Rural Economy: Implication for an Emerging Communication Industry,” Journal of Community Informatics, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 131-144, 2007.
- R. Jain, “Quality of Service (QoS) in Data Networks,” Washington University in St. Louis, 2006. [Online]. Available: www.cse.wustl.edu. [Accessed January 20, 2016].
- Nigerian Communications Commission, “Subscriber Statistics Data,” 2015. [Online]. Available: www.ncc.gov.ng/index.php?option= com_content&view=article&id=125:art-statistics-subscriber-data&catid=65:cat-web-statistics&Item id=73. [Accessed February 9, 2016]
- R. N. Ali, “Handoff and Drop Call Probability: A Case Study of Nigeria's Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) Sector,” Journal of Engineering and Technology, vol. 3, no. 2A, pp. 166-169, 2015.
- O. O. Roberts and K. E. Rowland, “Performance Evaluation of Service Quality of GSM Network Provider In Lagos, South-West Nigeria,” International Journal of Innovative Research & Development, vol. 1, no. 9, pp. 443 -451, 2010.
- G. Gu and G. Peng, “The Survey of GSM Wireless Communication System”, in International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Applications (ICCIA 2010), Tianjin, China, Dec. 2010, pp. 121-124.
- M.E Obota and P.E. Agbo, “Strategies for Improving Quality Of Service (QoS) of Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) in Nigeria,” Journal of Research and Development, vol. 4, no. 1, pp 203-211, 2012.
- J. J. Popoola, I. O. Megbowon, and V.S. Adeloye, “Performance Evaluation and Improvement on Quality of Service of Global System for Mobile Communications in Nigeria,” Journal of Information Technology Impact, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 91-106, 2009.
- M. Pipikakis, “Evaluating and Improving the Quality of Service of Second-Generation Cellular Systems,” Bechtel Telecommunications Technical Journal, vol. 2, no.2, pp. 1-8, 2004.
- G. Boggia, P. Camarda, A. D’Alconzo, A. De Biasi, and M. Siviero, “Drop Call Probability in Established Cellular Networks: from Data Analysis to Modelling,” in 2005 IEEE 61st Vehicular Technology Conference, Stockholm, Sweden, Jun. 2005, pp. 2775–2779.
- R. Zhao, X. Wen, D. Su and W. Zheng, "Call Dropping Probability of Next-Generation Wireless Cellular Networks with the Mobile Relay Station,” in 2010 Second International Conference on Future Networks, Hainan, China, Jan. 2010, pp. 63-67.
- Y. Iraqi and R. Boutaba “Handoff and Call Dropping Probabilities in Wireless Cellular Networks,” in 2005 International Conference on Wireless Networks, Communications and Mobile Computing, Maui, USA, Jun. 2005, pp. 209–213.
- N. S. Tarkaa, J. M. Mom, and C.I. Ani, “Drop Call Probability Factors in Cellular Networks,” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 1-5, 2011.
- K. Sudhindra and V. Sridhar, “Root Cause Detection of Call Drops in Live GSM Network,” in TENCON 2011 IEEE Region 10 Conference, Bali, Indonesia, Nov. 2011, pp. 25-33.
- Aster, “Aster Private Limited”, 2013. [Online] Available: http://aster.in/telecom/network_optimi zation.html [accessed December 20, 2015]
- A. R. Mishra, Advanced Cellular Network Planning and Optimisation. Wiley Publishing, 2006.
- Ascom, FER, RxQual, and DTX DL Rate Measurements in TEMS™ Investigation. UAE: Ascom, 2002.
- Round Solutions, 2016. [Online] Available: www.roundsolutions.com/pdf/gsmtester.pdf [accessed February 10, 2016]
- I. Ali, “Bit Error Rate (BER) Simulation Using MATLAB,” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, vol. 3 no. 1, pp. 706-711, 2013.
- R. Chitranshi, J. Kushwaha, and P. Panchol. “Intelligent Optimization of GSM Network,” International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology (IJESIT), vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 9-13, 2012.
- M. Khosrowpour, Nanotechnology: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications” Information Resources Management Association 1st ed. IGI Global, 2014.
- A. C. Messina, G. Caragea, P. T. Compta, F. H.P. Fitzek, and S. A. Rein, “Investigating Call Drops with Field Measurements on Commercial Mobile Phones,” in 2013 IEEE 77th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), Dresden, Germany, Jun. 2013, pp. 1-5.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to JTSiskom journal and Department of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro as the publisher of the journal. Copyright encompasses rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms, and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations.
JTSiskom journal and Department of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro and the Editors make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in JTSiskom journal are the sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.
The Copyright Transfer Form can be downloaded here: [Copyright Transfer Form JTSiskom]. The copyright form should be signed originally and send to the Editorial Office in the form of original mail, scanned document or fax :
Eko Didik Widianto (Editor-in-Chief)
Editorial Office of Jurnal Teknologi dan Sistem Komputer
Department of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro
Jl. Prof. Soedarto, Kampus Undip Tembalang, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia 50275