Desain dan Optimasi Antena Pita Lebar Planar Monopole Bentuk Sembarang dengan Algoritma Genetika dan Metoda Momen
Design and Optimization of Arbitrary Shape of Planar Monopole Wideband Antenna using Genetic Algorithm and Moment Method
This paper presents a new approach in designing an ultra wideband minimum dispersion antenna optimally to avoid the degradation of broadband communications system performance. Design and iterative optimization are applied to an arbitrary shape of planar monopole antenna using a genetic algorithm combined with the moment method, abbreviated as AGMM method, and implemented with Matlab. Two arbitrary shapes of planar monopole antennas have been implemented in compact physical size using AGMM optimization, each having 9.1 GHz and 7.4 GHz bandwidths, the lowest frequency of 1.9 GHz and 2.7 GHz and fidelity 0.6 and 0.64 for any arbitrary discrete antenna and edge profile antenna. This method can be applied to design any arbitrary shapes of an ultra-wideband antenna with each has wide bandwidth more than 7 GHz, the lowest frequency below 3 GHz and a minimum fidelity of 0,55 that is suitable for high- speed communication, such as 5G system.
How to cite:
- J. Suryana, "The Rainfall Intensity Effects on 1–13 GHz UWB-Based 5G System for Outdoor Applications", Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, volume 2017, pp. 1-13, 2017.
- R. L. Haupt and D. H. Werner, Genetic Algorithms in Electromagnetics. John Wiley & Sons, 2007.
- J. M. Johnson and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Genetic Algorithm and Method of Moments (GA/MoM) for the Design of Integrated Antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 1606-1614, Oct. 1999.
- D. W. Boeringer, D. W. Mchuga, and D. H. Werner, "Synthesis of Phased Array Amplitude Weights for Stationary Sidelobe Envelopes using Genetic Algorithms," in IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Boston, 8-13 July 2001, pp. 684-687.
- A. B. Teirab, J. A. Jervase, and S. S. Mneina, "Design of UWB Monopole Antenna using Genetic Algorithms," in 2013 7th IEEE GCC Conference and Exhibition (GCC), Doha, 17-20 Nov. 2013, pp. 89-92.
- Y. L. Li, W. Shao, L. You, and B. Z. Wang, "An Improved PSO Algorithm and Its Application to UWB Antenna Design," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 12, pp. 1236-1239, 2013.
- A. Deb, J. S. Roy, and B. Gupta, "Performance Comparison of Differential Evolution, Particle Swarm Optimization and Genetic Algorithm in the Design of Circularly Polarized Microstrip Antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 62, no. 8, pp. 3920-3928, Aug. 2014.
- Y. Wu, X. Wang, Y. Wang, S. Rashid, Y. Ding, and Y. Zhang, "The Design and Optimization of Ultra Wideband Antenna Based on Particle Swarm Algorithm," in IEEE International Conference on Computational Electromagnetics (ICCEM 2016), Guangzhou, 23 – 25 February 2016, pp. 205-207.
- H. J. Mohammed, A. S. Abdullah, R. S. Ali, Y. I. Abdulraheem, and R. A. Abd-Alhameed, "Performance Comparison of Particle Swarm Optimization, And Genetic Algorithm in The Design Of UWB Antenna," Journal of Telecommunications, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 22-26, 2014.
- S. R. Martins, H. W. C. Lins, and C. R. M. Silva, "A Self-organizing Genetic Algorithm for UWB Microstrip Antenna Optimization Using a Machine Learning Technique," in International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning, Berlin, 2012, pp 642-649.
- C. R. M. Silva, H. W. C. Lins, S. R. Martins, E. E. F. Barreto, and A. G. D'Assunção, "A Multiobjective Optimization of a UWB Antenna using a Self Organizing Genetic Algorithm," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 1824-1828, Aug. 2012.
- J. Jayasinge, J. Anguera, and D. Uduwala, "Genetic Algorithm Optimization of a High-Directivity Microstrip Patch Antenna Having a Rectangular Profile," Radioengineering, vol. 22, no. 3, Sept. 2013.
- M. H. Miry, G. A. Al-Suhail, F. Abdussalam, M. B. Child, and R. A. Abd-Alhameed, “Design of a Small Ultra Wideband Antenna using a Genetic Algorithm Approach”, in Internet Technologies and Applications (ITA), 2015, pp. 461-465.
- M. T. Asghar, M. F. Shafique, I. Usman, N. Gogosh, and M. A. Khan, "Design and Optimization of an UWB Antenna with 5.8 GHz Band Suppression Using Genetic Algorithm," Journal of Basic and Applied, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 701-707, 2013.
- K. Fertas, H. Kimouche, M. Challal, F. Ghanem, F. Fertas, and R. Aksas, "Development of a Novel UWB Planar Antenna using a Genetic Algorithm," in 2017 5th International Conference on Electrical Engineering-Boumerdes (ICEE-B), Boumerdes, 29 Oct. 2017, pp. 1-4.
- G. Quintero, J. F. Zürcher, and A. K. Skrivervik, "System Fidelity Factor: A New Method for Comparing UWB Antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 2502–2512, 2011.
- Davidson, Computational Electromagnetics for RF and Microwave Engineering. Cambridge University Press, July 2014.
- S. M. Rao, D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic Scattering by Surfaces of Arbitrary Shape," IEEE Transactons on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 409–418, May 1982.
- B. Kaur and L. S. Solanski, "A Brief Review on Bowtie Antenna," in Proc. National Conference on Communication & Networking (NCCN-12), 3-4 February 2012.
- Mathworks Inc, Partial Differential Equation Toolbox For Use with MATLAB. February 1996.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to JTSiskom journal and Department of Computer Engineering Diponegoro University as publisher of the journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any form or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc. , will be allowed only with a written permission from JTSiskom journal and Department of Computer Engineering Diponegoro University. However,
The author has the right to the following:
- duplicate all or part of the published material for use by the author himself as a classroom instruction or verbal presentation material in various forums;
- reusing part or all of the material as a compilation material for author's work;
- make copies of published material to be distributed within the institute where the author works.
JTSiskom journal and Department of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro and the Editors make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in JTSiskom journal are the sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.
The Copyright Transfer Form can be downloaded here: [Copyright Transfer Form JTSiskom]. The copyright form should be signed originally and send to the Editorial Office in the form of original mail, scanned document or fax :
Eko Didik Widianto (Editor-in-Chief)
Editorial Office of Jurnal Teknologi dan Sistem Komputer
Departement of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro
Jl. Prof. Soedarto, Kampus Undip Tembalang, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia 50275