Prediksi Kedatangan Turis Asing ke Indonesia Menggunakan Backpropagation Neural Networks
In this paper, a backpropagation neural network (BPNN) method with time series data has been explored. The BPNN method to predict the foreign tourist’s arrival to Indonesia datasets have been implemented. The foreign tourist’s arrival datasets were taken from the central agency on statistics (BPS) Indonesia. The experimental results showed that the BPNN method with two hidden layers was able to forecast foreign tourist’s arrival to Indonesia. Where the mean square error (MSE) as forecasting accuracy has been indicated. In this study, the BPNN method is able and recommended to be alternative methods for predicting time series datasets. Also, the BPNN method showed that effective and easy to use. In other words, BPNN method is capable of producing a good value of forecasting.
- Basheer, I. A., & Hajmeer, M. (2000). Artificial neural networks: fundamentals, computing, design, and application. Journal of Microbiological Methods, 43(2000), 3-31.
- Birdi, Y., Aurora, T., & Arora, P. (2013). Study of Artificial Neural Networks and Neural Implants. International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, 1, (4), 258 – 262.
- Box, G. E. P., Jenkins, G. M., & Reinsel, G. C. (2008). Time Series Analysis Forecasting and Control 4th Edition
- Chen, G., Fu, K., Liang, Z., Sema, T., Li, C., Tontiwachwuthikul, P., & Idem, R. (2014). The genetic algorithm based back propagation neural network for MMP prediction in CO2-EOR process. Fuel, 126, (2014), 202–212. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2014.02.034
- Claveria, O., & Torra, S. (2014). Forecasting tourism demand to Catalonia: Neural networks vs. time series models. Economic Modelling, 36(2014), 220–228. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.econmod.2013.09.024
- Haque, A. U., Mandal, P., Kaye, M. E., Meng, J., Chang, L., & Senjyu, T. (2012). A new strategy for predicting short-term wind speed using soft computing models. Renewable and
- Sustainable Energy Reviews, 16, (2012), 4563–4573. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2012.05.042
- Haviluddin, & Alfred, R. (2014). Forecasting Network Activities Using ARIMA Method. Journal of Advances in Computer Networks (JACN), 2, (3) September 2014, 173-179. doi: http://10.7763/JACN.2014.V2.106
- Haviluddin, Alfred, R., Obit, J. H., Hijazi, M. H. A., & Ibrahim, A. A. A. (2015). A Performance Comparison of Statistical and Machine Learning Techniques in Learning Time Series Data. Advanced Science Letters(Vol. 21 No. 10), 3037-3041. doi: 10.1166/asl.2011.1261
- Huang, H.-X., Li, J.-C., & Xiao, C.-L. (2015). A proposed iteration optimization approach integrating backpropagation neural network with genetic algorithm. Expert Systems with Applications, 42(2015), 146–155. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2014.07.039
- Majhi, B., Rout, M., & Baghel, V. (2014). On the development and performance evaluation of a multiobjective GA-based RBF adaptive model for the prediction of stock indices. Journal of King Saud University – Computer and Information Sciences(2014), xx-xx. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jksuci.2013.12.005
- Melanie, M. (1996). An Introduction to Genetic Algorithms (pp. 1-143).
- Örkcü, H. H., & Bal, H. (2011). Comparing performances of backpropagation and genetic algorithms in the data classification. Expert Systems with Applications, 38, (2011), 3703–3709. doi: 10.1016/j.eswa.2010.09.028
- Purnawansyah, & Haviluddin. (2014). Comparing performance of Backpropagation and RBF neural network models for predicting daily network traffic. Paper presented at the The 4th MICEEI (Makassar International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics), Makassar City, South Sulawesi Province, Indonesia.
- Sermpinis, G., Dunis, C., Laws, J., & Stasinakis, C. (2012). Forecasting and trading the EUR/USD exchange rate with stochastic Neural Network combination and time-varying leverage. Decision Support Systems, 54, (2012), 316–329. doi: 10.1016/j.dss.2012.05.039
- Upadhyay, K. G., Choudhary, A. K., & Tripathi, M. M. (2011). Short-term wind speed forecasting using feed-forward back-propagation neural network. International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology, 3, No. 5(2011), 107-112.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to JTSiskom journal and Department of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro as publisher of the journal. Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all form and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms, and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations.
JTSiskom journal and Department of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro and the Editors make every effort to ensure that no wrong or misleading data, opinions or statements be published in the journal. In any way, the contents of the articles and advertisements published in JTSiskom journal are the sole and exclusive responsibility of their respective authors and advertisers.
The Copyright Transfer Form can be downloaded here: [Copyright Transfer Form JTSiskom]. The copyright form should be signed originally and send to the Editorial Office in the form of original mail, scanned document or fax :
Eko Didik Widianto (Editor-in-Chief)
Editorial Office of Jurnal Teknologi dan Sistem Komputer
Department of Computer Engineering, Universitas Diponegoro
Jl. Prof. Soedarto, Kampus Undip Tembalang, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia 50275